Monday, October 28, 2013

Diving In to a New Post

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:3,4

 
I finally posted an update after over a year.  I pretty much just gave a clinical update on how Sunday still struggles with epilepsy. When I first began a blog I was only trying out some sort of experiment for some way to stop seizures of the startle type. I believe I did find a prevention method and I am certain God showed me the way.  I do have others to post about too.

My prayer was answered yet Sunday is not seizure free. I feel like God gave me sustenance to endure yet he had not completely removed my struggle.  I begged God to help me and I believe he had— yet my struggle remains. God has strengthened me to endure during the storm and perhaps that was his purpose that needed to be accomplished first.  Romans 5, verses 3 and 4,  begin with our glory in struggles and ends with hope.  A synonym to glory is also beauty and wonder.  I certainly find Sunday is such a wonder and so beautiful that I like to think of Romans 5:3 to be a wonder and beauty and praise as he enables the endurance that leads to hope.
 
This hope is where I find my current state.  I hope for things to come yet in the meantime, I have learned to persevere as God shapes my character and now hers too.

I have a picture here of Sunday as I noticed all the injury and protective side I posted last time.  Those images are sad and seemingly unhopeful yet they illustrate a life of endurance and suffering.  On a lighter note,  Sunday is happy and energetic and loves to run.  In fact, she has been jumping higher than ever on the trampoline.  She has a busy, fun filled life yet she struggles daily with a bend for God's provision and healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment